You’ve seen them, right? On the corners of mailings, on the windows of businesses, maybe even on the tags of things you buy. You may have even used them…used your phone to scan one and get coupons or reviews for a business or more info on a product. But did you know they are being used like crazy in classrooms?
Here’s one of my favorite videos about the use of QR codes in the classroom.
And here’s one based more for elementary school:
So basically to use QR codes, you need the following things:
- QR Code Generator (usually a website that will easily make the code for you)
- A device with a camera to read it(iPod touch, iPad, cell phone, or computer with webcam)
- QR Code Reader (which you download to the device with a camera
Want to create a QR code? It’s easy…your students can even do this!
Here’s a few QR Code generators:
Here a few QR Code Readers:
- For iPods/iPads phones and phones: i-nigma QR Code Reader
- For Mobile Phones: Kaywa.com QR code reader
- For Mobile Phones: NeoReader
- For Mobile Phones: AT&T QR Code Scanner
And here are some cool links to use them: