Read Across America Day with NASA

NASA is providing a special event to help celebrate Read Across America Day from 1:00pm-2:00 pm on March 3…and it looks to be quite a treat! Here’s their description:

We are pleased to invite you and your students to take part in NASA’s Digital Learning Network Read ‘Round the World event! This special event focuses on how reading is important everywhere – whether on Earth or in space. This event will celebrate Dr. Seuss’ birthday and the importance of reading by educating students on the impact of reading skills. Students will learn how reading skills are used in various jobs at NASA through still images, on-air examples, and an in-studio guest. There will also be a comparison/contract of how technology over the course of 50 years has changed the way NASA employees exercise reading skills. If you’re looking for a way to capture your students’ attention while teaching them the importance of reading skills, then this is the project you’ve been searching for!

This will be a webcast of a live distance learning event in which students will interact with NASA to find out why reading skills are important to astronauts and other personnel in the aerospace field.

If you are interested in participating, let me know, and I’ll make sure you are all set up ahead of time! All you need is your classroom computer!

Read 1 comment

1. Hi, I passed along this information to the teachers in our two elementary buildings. So far I have 3 teachers that are interested in participating in this program. Please let me know what I need to do to get them set up.

Thanks,
    Nedra