Virtual Tour Site

Wow…I just ran across this link, Panoramas.dk, and it’s worth it’s own post. I have to give Brian (TRT from Williamsburg) credit for finding the site since I found the link it in his blogroll on his blog. The site contains Panoramas (306 degree views) of various places around the world including the Giza Pyramids, the Colosseum, the Apollo Missions, the Great Wall, the Yulong River, and many, many more very cool places! My favorite was a gorgeous Panorama of the Krakow Military Cemetery on All Saints Day. There are some ads in the sidebar and at the bottom of the site, but nothing to obtrusive. I did notice that some of the panoramas had links to show the place in Google Earth. I have not had a chance to try it out in the lab or on the laptops, so you’ll want to test the site on them before trying to use it with a group of kids. Also, if there is a specific panorama that you would like linked on “Links for Kids” for your grade level, let me know.  Since the site contains ads and links to other sites, this would be the safest way to use it with your class.