Attending NECC Virtually

While I’m not actually at NECC in Atlanta this year, I will be attempting to follow it virtually. Vicki Davis provided some great tips from her experience doing this last year. Next year, cross your fingers, I’ll be there in person.

So far, here’s what I’ve done:
-set up a PageFlakes Page to catch all the great posts coming in about the conference
-found the listing of sessions that will be broadcast as webcasts or podcasts.
-picked out specific sessions so that I can watch for blog postings about them. Steve Hargadon has created a super postto help out with this process!

There will be some sessions in Second Life too that I plan on attending from the comfort of my sofa.

I’m keeping my fingers crossed that edublogs will not only continue to stay up and running, I will gain my ability to add pictures and use the editor (instead of having to code each post). James has been working on switching edublogs over to faster servers, and there have been a few issues. I love edublogs…so I’m looking forward to the new upgrades and trying to be patient.

Technorati Tags:

Read 1 comment

1. I am also attending NECC 2007 Virtually. I also got inspired by Vicki Davis to follow conference more closely. It’s great to use Web 2.0 tools. Even though I would have gone in person if possible. I guess this is second best. Thanks for the secondlife tip and following a few specific session tags. Catch you on the eduposphere!