Traveling Educators

If you haven’t guessed from reading my blog before, I love to travel. I know I’m not the only one. So, let’s see where we are all going this summer. Add a comment and tell me where…and if you can, add your location to the Google Map below. If you have trouble, I’ll add it for you once I see your comment. Let’s see how many different states (and countries) we will be visiting! And if you’ve been to the same location as someone else, maybe even leave a travel tip!

I’ll start…I’m going to Key West, Flordia. I hope to scuba dive, but I will at least snorkel while I’m there and enjoy the incredible (so I’ve heard) sunsets. Okay, your turn…

View Larger Map

Click here to add your vacation location (or leave a comment and I’ll add it for you!)

• Choose Save To My Maps
  • Login if you need to (you must have a Google account to do this)
  • Type in your vacation location in the search box and click search.
  • When the Placemark appears on the map, click Save to My Maps, and choose Trips 2008.

Or just list it below in the comments, and I’ll add it. :)

Read 11 comments

1. After 39 years I am returning to Bermuda where we went on our honeymoon in August 1969. This time we are going with my youngest daughter, our son-in-law, and our 1 year old grandson Michael. We plan to snorkel, ride bikes, and eat, drink and be merry! Could not locate Grape Bay, Bermuda on the Google map, but that’s where we’ve rented a house for a week.

2. Hi Dennis! Bermuda was the very first “out of the country” visit I made when I was 13, so I have found memories of it too. It’s the first time I snorkeled, saw a roundabout, and rode a moped (with my uncle). I’m sure you’ll have a great time! Enjoy your family!

Littlekk72, enjoy the trip to VA Beach and the drive through the tunnel. It’s an incredible feat! I will be flying into Miami and driving to Key West, so I’ll be crossing a bunch of bridges too! :)

3. We are going to Busch Gardens in Williamsburg to ride roller coasters, and we go to Myrtle Beach, SC every year with our Mom and Dad and Uncle and Aunt and cousins! We can’t wait to do go on both of those trips this summer!
    New York City is on the top of our list after that and we’ll let you know when we are going!

4. Kimberly~
    Now that will be a great trip. I have a cousin who lives in China, but I’ve never been. You’ll have to blog about the experience when you return…I’ll look forward to reading about it.

Jake and Ethan~
    You are two traveling guys…lucky you! Is there room in your car? Those are all things I love to do too!! ;) I’ve posted your travel spots on the map above. See if you can find them. While you are there, take lots of pictures, and be sure to share with me when you get back. Maybe you all (and your mom) can sit down with me one afternoon and make a photostory with some of them! :) Ms. Coffey

5. Wow, so…I’m feeling a bit jealous. I live in Vegas, and I’m pretty sure that’s about as far as I am going to get this summer. Some friends and I are thinking about going camping in Mount Charelston about a half hour from here.

6. Pingback: The joy of learning to read « (No Longer) Alone in a Library