Suggestions from a 5th Grade Teacher

Participate in the free K12 Online Conference
It’s been a crazy week in my personal life, so not much “free time” to really surf the net…and not much time to keep up with K-12 Online Conference. But I’m not worried…that’s the great part…most of the conference (all the presentations, at least) will be there waiting for me when things are more manageable on the home front.

That said, I have had the chance to check in on a couple presentations. This one really caught my attention:

Obstacles to Opportunities Keynote: The Why’s and Wherefore’s

Brian Crosby is a 5th grade teacher in Nevada and a blogger on Learning is Messy. He shows actual projects that he has done with his at risk 5th graders…that’s why I was really drawn to this presentation (click here to see).   It is really worth the watch!!

For a list of other great presentations available through the K12 Online Conference, click here. Pay no attention to dates….once the link is posted, most of these presentations will be available whenever you have the time to watch/listen. There are a few live events…but these too will be archived so you can watch later.

Technorati Tags: