Invite to my Second Life Home

Thought I’d throw out an invite to my home in Second Life! It is located on Eduisland 3. Pam Elgin and I have set up a spot for educators, especially ITRTs, to meet, chat and explore Second Life…and we’d love to have you join us! But you don’t have to be an ITRT…anyone is welcome!

http://slurl.com/secondlife/Eduisland%203/57/96/23/shirts1We have enjoyed meeting a few ITRTs from surrounding areas so far! I’m sure there are more of you all out there…please come by and visit. Pam has made some great free T-shirts to advertise our calling…and we have started an ITRT group. Second Life would be a great place to explore together…and meet virtually!

Also, if you have a chance to attend NECC (National Educational Computer Conference) this year, either virtually or in real life, you will notice a Second Life presence. While ISTE (International Society for Technology in Education) has maintained headquarters on Eduisland for awhile now, their new island has just been finished in time for this event, and I hope it will be packed! I am so bummed that I will not be attending in Atlanta this year, but I will definitely be participating in Second Life…hope to see you there!

If you want to read more about Second Life, check out Tyna Catteneo’s blog!

Read 1 comment

1. Tina,
    I’m finally getting on the Second Life train next week. I’m taking a “Using Second Life for teaching and learning” class on July 2nd and 3rd. My Second Life name is Bleich Davis. I’ll look for you there. BTW what does ITRT stand for? I think I am one – but I’m not sure. Instructional Technology Resource Teacher?

NECC was a great experience (I’ve never gone before), but not so much for the learning in sessions as the learning out of sessions. The edubloggercon was a highlight. I wrote just a little about it in my blog . More to come.