Accelerated Reader Directions

I need some help!  In the past, people usually email me the names of new students that need to be added to AR or tests that need to be deleted.  Usually when I receive the email, I’m in the middle of working on something else, so I can’t handle it immediately.  Lately when I’ve gone back to work on it, I have had trouble finding your requests in my email…they just get lost in all the other things that are coming in.  Since people don’t use the same subject lines, it’s hard to even search for them.  I’m really afraid that I’m going to forget to do it for you, and in some cases, I already have.  So, I’m going to make two changes:

1.  I need you to start putting requests for me to add students in databases on the help page.  This way I have one place to look to find them when it’s time for me to do it.  *Remember*–I need full given names (first, middle initial, and last) and ID numbers.

2.  Teachers have permissions to delete tests from a student’s account (if they take it by mistake, for instance). 

• To do this, you login with the password “admin.”  
  • On the top bar, click on go / reading practice
  • Select your class’ name and click OK
  • In the top pane, click on the student’s name.
  • Click on the test in the bottom pane that you want to delete.
  • Press Delete on the menu to the left. 
  • It will ask you if you really want to delete the test.  Click yes
  • If you are having problems, I’ll be glad to show you personally.  Thanks for your help!